[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: wiki page udpates
As threatened, I have edited the wiki page at
a lot. I folded in many of the comments, either adding their content or
adding \todo entries to explain things that were asked. Given that I
received zero objecting comments, I tended to the heavyhanded side.
I could use help with some of the questions; feel free to edit or to
email me with answers. Specifically:
- what about RPI0 and RPI0W?
- can you use an earmv6hf build to install on RPI2/3? If so, is there
an included kernel7 and does that use earmv6h or earmv7hf instruction
- if you build with eb, does it work?
- do the earm/v4/v5 builds do anyting useful? (with the understanding
that surely one should use v6 on a RPI1)
- does earmv7 run faster than earmv6 on a RPI2/3? How much?
- why the rpi.img vs armv7.img lack of parallel structure?
- why no armv7_inst.img? Is it becuase you can install an earmv7hf
build on a RPI2/3 with the inst image from an earmv6hf build?
- is the sshramdisk section actually still right?
- I think there is no documentation or script to update firmware on a
system once installed, other than a cowboy copy of most of /boot from
an unpacked rpi.img.gz or armv7.img.gz. And that the firmware is not
in the installed filesystem anywhere. Correct?
- explain if a netbsd-8 system should have the firmware updated to
match what is in current
- usb enumeration with multiple disks (and root on external)??
- pointer to console font changing - or opinions that this is not about
RPI and should just be dropped
- how do you tell anita to emulate RPI1 vs 2 vs 3?
- what's the command line for qemu?
Main Index |
Thread Index |