Re: wiki page udpates

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

> As threatened, I have edited the wiki page at
>
>   https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/
>
> a lot.  I folded in many of the comments, either adding their content or
> adding \todo entries to explain things that were asked.  Given that I
> received zero objecting comments, I tended to the heavyhanded side.
>
> I could use help with some of the questions; feel free to edit or to
> email me with answers.  Specifically:

[snip]

>  - can you use an earmv6hf build to install on RPI2/3?  If so, is there
>    an included kernel7 and does that use earmv6h or earmv7hf instruction
>    set?

[snip]

I use a build where "-m evbarm -a earmv6hf" is set on build.sh and run
the resulting userland and either kernel or kernel7 on RPI0, RPI2 and
RPI3 at least in the 8.99.18ish time frame.  A kernel and kernel7 img
file is created when I did this, assuming I built a RPI/RPI0 or
RPI2/RPI3 kernel.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org