Re: aarch64 support added

joi, 5 apr. 2018, 11:45 Ryo Shimizu <ryo%nerv.org@localhost> a scris:

>What did you mean by "pmap should be work even if PID_MAX >= 65536"?
>Does that mean that the PIDs are of type uint16 for aarch64?

Currently, pid_t of netbsd is 16bit, and aarch64 ASID is also 16bit.
I implement as ASID=ProcessID for simplicity.
But if pid_t will be 32bit or over in the future (?), It will not work.

OK.

>About "COMPAT_NETBSD32", is that supported in userland in any way?

Yes. same as running i386 binary on amd64, We may become able to
run arm32 userland binary on aarch64 OS...

I was asking if currently is supported in user space. I know for linux 32 bit libraries are placed in a separate area in the rootfs, I was wondering if this is true already in the rootfs for aarch64 or can be since cortex a cores in the v8 family can work in 32 bit mode.

>So to build NetBSD for pine64 should this be OK?
>
>kernel=GENERIC64
>machine: -m evbarm
>arch:  -a aarch64
>dts: sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dts

That's ok, I think. Unfortunately I don't have PINE64, and not tested on it.
but it runs on same Allwinner board NanoPi NEO Plus 2 by jmcneill@
https://twitter.com/jmcwhatever/status/959795604586102784

For rpi3 I understand there are some sdcard images, aren't there? If there are, are the ones for pine also done?

Eddy