Re: Heads up: new SD controller driver for Raspberry Pi in -current

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 08:36:32PM -0300, Jared McNeill wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2017, Harold Gutch wrote:
>
> >Out of curiosity, your fix basically hardcodes disabling sdhost on
> >the Pi 3 and the Zero W - is it not possible to instead probe for the
> >controller supported by sdhost?  Or if that exists on all Raspberries,
>
> I decided to only enable sdhost for boards with wifi. No benefit to using
> it on other boards,

OK, that's true of course.

> and you will have problems with cpu frequency
> adjustments and sdhost unless you explicitly set force_turbo=0 or 1 in
> config.txt.

Oh, does that also apply to the Pi 3 and Zero W then?  I haven't yet
felt the need to overclock any of my Raspberries but it would of
course be good to know any such caveats.  From what I've read,
force_turbo=1 will disable dynamic clocking and make the Raspberry
always run on machdep.cpu.frequency.max (I guess) while force_turbo=0
will allow it to also run at slower speeds (down to frequency.min?).
At least that is how it apparently works in Linux...

thanks,
  Harold