Re: Heads up: new SD controller driver for Raspberry Pi in -current

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 02:40:34PM -0300, Jared McNeill wrote:
> If you have any issues with the new driver, please report them to
> port-arm@. Removing the "sdhost" driver from your kernel will revert to
> the old behavior of using "sdhc" for SD cards.

On my Raspberry Pi 1 B+ V1.2 I get these errors with a RPI_INSTALL kernel
from head as of 2017-08-14 ~09:00 UTC:

sdmmc0 at sdhost0
sdmmc0: sdmmc_mem_enable failed with error 5
sdmmc0: couldn't enable card: 5

I have had RPI_INSTALL not detect the SD card once or twice in the
past but back then a reboot helped.  I have rebooted about 10 times
(plus I think two cold boots) and ld0 as not been detected a single
time.

Is is possible to disable sdhost via userconf from cmdline.txt?  That
might be easier/quicker than compiling a new kernel, otherwise I'll do
that.

I have installed from and onto this card from an older tree (~07/30),
so I believe the card itself is OK.

  Harold