Re: Is pf usable on an RPI 3B at this point?

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 03:52:26PM -0500, Alan Corey wrote:
> Thanks, just wondering.  From OpenBSD I seem to remember it was partly
> in the kernel but that may have been the ip forwarding.  That would
> have been about 2005.  Back then custom OpenBSD kernels were supported
> and I thought you had to enable something when configuring if you were
> using pf.  I don't think it could be used under Linux at all.  The
> syntax has all been changed around anyway.  In OpenBSD it's installed
> and running by default but configured to pass everything.

Just to be very clear:
npf is a packet filter. npf is what you want to use. npf can do what you
want. it is built by default. you have it already and it works fine (yes,
on ARM too), you just need to set it up.

if you search for 'NetBSD pf', you will find that NetBSD has imported
pf from OpenBSD at some point... ignore this.