Re: 2016-10-01-netbsd-raspi-earmv6hf.img (Re: Raspberry Pi update please.)

On Tue, 4 Oct 2016, Alan Corey wrote:

I remember not too long ago (in OpenBSD probably) you had to
specifically enable wsmouse outside of X.  Yes, it's still there in
rc.conf:
# For enabling console mouse support (i386 alpha amd64)
wsmoused_flags=NO       # for ps/2 or usb mice: "", serial: "-p /dev/cua00"

Yeah, in NetBSD it seems to need the following in /etc/rc.conf

	wsmoused=YES ; wsmoused_flags=""

This does stop the disconnect/reconnect sequence. HOWEVER, it does not actually enable the mouse in the console, and logs the following in my /var/log/messages:

	<time> <host> ioctl(WSDISPLAYIO_GETWSCHAR) failed
	<time> <host> Invalid argument

Furthermore, it does not seem to release/close the mouse when I switch back to my X display, thus I have no mouse at all in X.

I think for now I will leave wsmoused=NO  :)

If you're concerned about the "corruption" of the display while editting, I find that ^R (or ^L) is quite useful.... :)

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |