Re: 2016-10-01-netbsd-raspi-earmv6hf.img (Re: Raspberry Pi update please.)

Unmounting a drive maybe also turns off the USB driver to it in a tidy
way.  It seems a disadvantage of having something hot pluggable
though.

I remember not too long ago (in OpenBSD probably) you had to
specifically enable wsmouse outside of X.  Yes, it's still there in
rc.conf:
# For enabling console mouse support (i386 alpha amd64)
wsmoused_flags=NO       # for ps/2 or usb mice: "", serial: "-p /dev/cua00"

I care more about the babble of disconnect and reconnect messages at
the console than anything else.  And ctrl-alt-Fn to switch to a
different tty/virtual terminal didn't seem to work so you couldn't get
away from them that way.  If you're editing a file the messages don't
really end up in the file but it looks like they do, and if you're
trying to be careful about your indentation it'll probably screw you
up.

On 10/4/16, Christian Baer <christian.baer%uni-dortmund.de@localhost> wrote:

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX