Re: Will Firefox run on the PI and how stable is it?

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 05:33:39PM +0200, Martin Neitzel wrote:
> This board runs Debian wheezy.  Firefox can be started, but I expect
> it to crash within, say, 30-60min of active use depending on how
> "modern" the visitied sites are.  FF just requires gobs of memory
> most of the ARM boards don't have -- certainly none of the  "super
> cheap devices".

Have you actually checked the core files to see if it was running out
of memory that killed it?

Was that firefox from pkgsrc?

ARM has a userland VA limitation of 2 GB, which probably is the hard limit
in this case (unless no swap is configured).

However, all this does not matter a lot if you only use firefox to run
a dedicated robot like the OP said - we don't know much about the memory
requirements in this case, but they could be pretty constant and low.

Martin