Re: Will Firefox run on the PI and how stable is it?

> How stable is  Firefox on the PI? I need to be able to run Firefox
> 24/7 without crashes.

> Alternatively which other super cheap device would you recommend that
> run Netbsd smoothly?

I am using an A20-Olinuxo-Micro ARM board as my desktop system at
home for roughly a year now.  This board has two cores and 1 GB of
RAM; you'd better compare it to a RPi2 than to the original ones.

This board runs Debian wheezy.  Firefox can be started, but I expect
it to crash within, say, 30-60min of active use depending on how
"modern" the visitied sites are.  FF just requires gobs of memory
most of the ARM boards don't have -- certainly none of the  "super
cheap devices".

My advice: forget about Firefox on ARM boards.  The "midori" web
browser will serve most pages with much less memory/system impact
and there are still sites you better avoid.  On average, I restart
midori once or twice a day.

A reliable browser which *will* survive 24 hours is "dillo".
Forget all sites relying on JavaScript and/or Java, though.

							Martin