Re: 2015-04-19-netbsd-raspi-earmv6hf.img (Re: Raspberry Pi update please.)

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Stephan <stephanwib%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Thanks for your pointer! What is the reason for the missing packages -
> is it beause they were unable to compile or because it takes ages to
> compile?

I guess, only guess work, we don't build packages that take more time. Example
Openoffice takes 20 HRS to build on Pentium Processors. They build it only once
a week, full build.

https://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/build_faq.html#howlong

The other reason from an debian background, not necessarily NetBSD, is that if
there are a lot packages which are to be build we just skip the rarely
used ones.

--
-- Sujit K M

blog(http://kmsujit.blogspot.com/)