Re: npf in src/sys/arch/evbarm/conf/GENERIC.common

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> I think prebuilt images should probably match the default sources.
> It's easy enough to rebuild a kernel for those who want different.
>
> I was going to say that all GATEWAY does is default
> net.inet.ip.forwarding = 1 (and v6) and probably ups buffer memory.  But
> it seems that the ipflow stuff is also dependent on GATEWAY.  That seems
> like a bug; it seems obvious to the casual reader that whether ipflow

This is not a bug below documentation from
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/#configuration_files

If needed, enable IP packet forwarding. You can either compile a
kernel with options GATEWAY, or you can sysctl -w
net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 each time your machine boots, or put
net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 into /etc/sysctl.conf.

As per the documentation IP Packet Forwarding is enabled either by
recomplation. or setting the kernel variable to 1
or by changing /etc/sysctl.conf. Though if IPflow is enabled then we
have the GATEWAY functionality being implemented
with the desired result.

--
-- Sujit K M

blog(http://kmsujit.blogspot.com/)