Re: npf in src/sys/arch/evbarm/conf/GENERIC.common

Adrien Auzanneau <ada%netbsdfr.org@localhost> writes:

> On 2015-04-20 16:13, Sujit K M wrote:
>>> Just wondering if with these network changes it wouldn't also make
>>> sense to now uncomment "options GATEWAY"?  So it'll be on by default
>>> including on daily images.
>>
>> What do you think the GATEWAY Option help in?
>
> I though it would speedup ipforwarding especially on this kind of
> platform. I might have been too exited seeing these changes...I should
> test first, think twice, then send email. :o/

I think prebuilt images should probably match the default sources.
It's easy enough to rebuild a kernel for those who want different.

I was going to say that all GATEWAY does is default
net.inet.ip.forwarding = 1 (and v6) and probably ups buffer memory.  But
it seems that the ipflow stuff is also dependent on GATEWAY.  That seems
like a bug; it seems obvious to the casual reader that whether ipflow
support is compiled in should be its own define, separate from whether
forwarding defaults on.   Or perhaps GATEWAY should force on the other
things as a single knob, but it seems they should be controllable
separately.