Re: Unable to boot NetBSD on Linksys NSLU2 (armbe / armv5tel)

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM, Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Did you build on a NetBSD host?

I used Linux (and cygwin too!). I built and tested the stable 6.1 and
confirmed that it works on the slug AND that Linux builds working
kernels. I also used a Linux NFS server and it works well with a
NetBSD 6.1 NSLU2 kernel. I created the rootfs on the USB drive using
the slug running 6 over NFS and successfully used it to boot NetBSD 6.
NetBSD 6.1.5 works too.

> I tried myself to build a version of BSD from that period, but I couldn't
> find a working version.

Use 6.1.5.

> Is there a simple way to change the default commands in RedBoot without
> risking to brick it (like is possible in u-boot)?

As far as I know, you have to replace the bootloader.