Re: earmhf issues on Beaglebone Black

On 07/25/14 16:35, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 03:57:22PM +0100, Nick Hudson wrote:
On 07/25/14 15:43, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

The RPI CPU has a VIVT L1 data cache, which could explain the
behavior difference (pmap_zero_page_generic() will behaves differently).
But I'm still surprised that it didn't cause more problems.
RPI L1 is VIPT.
Right (that's what I meant I guess), and the A8 is PIPT, so
and pmap_zero_page_generic() checks for PIPT. So it's still
valid to explain why the RPI seems more stable.
But theorically, the RPI could still see this problem in
some case too, I guess.

Glad you found the problem before RPI did :)

I think the main reason that the RPI didn't see the problem is that it isn't ARM_MMU_EXTENDED yet, but I hope to fix that soon.

Nick