Re: Several issues on Sheevaplug

Le 2 févr. 2011 à 19:56, Andy Ruhl a écrit :

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Sylvain Mora
> <sylvain.mora%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> I use minicom and the serial port (in fact an usb port : JTAG mini USB) of
>> the Sheevaplug. (it's like a remote terminal)
>
> I could ask you a million questions but I probably should just buy one...
>
> Is it possible to boot NetBSD from some storage device unassisted yet?
> Where does the kernel boot from by default? If you need to hardcode
> the root device location in the kernel, that's not so bad I guess...

You can boot on USB, MMC, TFTP/NFS. I don't know if you can on NAND, and i
don't yet try on E-SATA port.

By default the kernel ask you where you want to boot, but yes if you add
something like ...

config netbsd-sd0 root on sd0 type ffs

.. in your kernel configuration it boot directly on sd0(a).

Sylvain