Re: netbsd-10, merging device-streams (xstreamtodev, rdbinfo)

Hi David,

Sent twice because I forgot to reply to all. My bad.

On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 at 23:45, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Does that seem reasonable?

Yes. I imagine the reason only rdbinfo and xstreamtodev binaries were
included before has to do with the install guide referencing exactly
these two.

> On a related note - could the README.md be updated to include a brief
> note on each executable and what it does, plus a link back to your
> github?

This is no issue. I'll get this done in the repo shortly. Then it
should be OK to just copy it over.

> - Would anyone be interested in putting together a pkgsrc entry for
> the tools to build device-streams? It would be nice to be able to
> rebuild from any pkgsrc supporting box

It would be nice to have. I do not know how hard this would be.

Trying to run bebbo's script for preparing crossdev toolchain on
netbsd would be a starting point. (I have only ever used Linux for
AmigaOS crossdev)

I might give it a try soon, on my previous x86 box (core2quad), where
I have my x86 netbsd setup (which is 9.3 or a 10 snapshot, I haven't
turned that machine on for months now).

 Expectation is for it to blow up but it needs to be attempted regardless.

> - Would you be interested in dual licencing your changes under GPL and
> BSD (I would need to Christian E. Hopps also, but wanted to ask here
> first). I'm toying with the idea of adding a full copy of the actual
> source properly in the NetBSD tree and it's generally encouraged to
> have things available as BSD licence. (Note a "No" answer will result
> in an "OK", rather than waving of hands and decrying that the world is
> ending :)

I am OK with GPL+BSD licensing my changes.

> Once again, thanks for the work!

Thank you again for looking into this.

- Roc