Re: CF & DOM IDE timeouts (Was: NetBSD/amiga sysinst)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 at 23:57, Carlos Milán Figueredo
<cmilanf%hispamsx.org@localhost> wrote:

> Adding to the topic of making easier for Amiga users to install NetBSD, I think we have a major issue we are not covering: most of the Amiga users have a CF card as hard-drive, attached to an IDE interface. They work very well under AmigaOS, but they have problems under NetBSD when performing write operations, as I told here [1]. I know an user that recently was successful booting the 9.3 miniroot, but had to give up due to the IDE device timeout with CF card.
>
> Several weeks ago I bought a DiskOnModule (DOM) and tested it with netbsd-9.3, but it suffered from the very same timeouts as the CF cards. The conclusion is that only real hard drives will work well. In my setup I am using a mSATA SSD with a mSATA to IDE 44 pin converter without issues.

Would you be able to run a quick test with a HEAD kernel from
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/ ? I know there have definitely been
adjustments to the ATA/IDE code since netbsd-9, and it would be useful
to confirm if the problem is still here (if convenient)

Thanks

David