Re: amiga pcmcia wifi cards

Hi,

On Tue, 2 Nov 2021, David Brownlee wrote:

> > A fix doesn't not need soldering, only a patched kickstart (I believe
> > blizkick has one such module).
> >
> > There's hardware workarounds, but this is something I'd definitely do
> > in software.
>
> The next question would be does anyone know if NetBSD implements this
> fix, and if not, what needs to be done to workaround? :)

In my experience the existing software workarounds (like CardReset on
Aminet: https://aminet.net/package/util/boot/CardReset) are not perfect.
For some cards they do work indeed, but for some they're just not
effective at all, and you still need to unplug/replug the card.

So in the end I also opted for a hardware patch on my mainboard(s). These
can be bought as ready-made clip-on module for the Gayle chip, no
soldering needed, for example:
https://amigastore.eu/en/474-pcmcia-reset-bug-fix.html

Charlie