Re: IDE device timeout when writing

Hi,

I had this bugreport open for similar issues on my A1200 + some SD2IDE
adapter a while ago:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=52415

Sadly, I couldn't use the system in question for a while, so I couldn't
provide feedback, so the issue was closed. Then later I tested my system,
and I found I'm still getting similar errors under NetBSD-9.

There seems to be a generic issue with these CF and SD adapters under
various Amiga Un*xes, for example the current m68k Linux kernel is not
even able to mount a root volume, when it's on a CF or SD card, and I get
these errors under NetBSD, while the setup works perfectly under AmigaOS.
I'm not saying the Linux and the BSD issues are directly related, but it's
certainly suspicious, maybe there is indeed an underlying hardware
incompatiblity, which is just ignored or accidentally worked around by
AmigaOS?

Note that however for example an actual PATA SSD I had seemed to work
well, so it's not directly linked to solid state drives either.

All versions of the C= IDE controllers are affected, Amiga 1200, Amiga
4000, and 4000T. (Although I'm always reluctant to report issues on the
4000T, since mine has a PIO2 hack.)

Best,
--
Charlie