RE: IDE device timeout when writing

From: David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
Sent: martes, 12 de octubre de 2021 22:15
> If it is easy to test (and only if it's easy) it might be nice to
> confirm if you can trigger this under earlier versions of NetBSD.
> Maybe booing an appropriate miniroot and gzipping/gunzipping.

That would be fairly easy as I understand I can xstreamtodev the miniroot to the swap partition and boot from her. However, won't that trigger the install? Is there any way to escape to a shell without following the install script?

> It's definitely a possibility, if there are interrupt issues. Again, if
> it's easy to test it might be nice to see if you can trigger it with
> gzip/gunzip without the PCMCIA card.

Yeah, this was an easy one to rule out. I boot the system without any PCMCIA card inserted and trying to gzip a kernel file got the errors, so it is not the ethernet. As both IDE and PCMCIA are governed by Gayle I though it could be related, but it is not.

Thank you for the help, I think the previous versions miniroot is my way to go for now.

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator | http://www.hispamsx.org | | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org | https://calnus.com