Re: Removing SunOS/68k compatibility before 8.0

Aymeric Vincent wrote:

> Indeed. The Sun-3 MMU was custom made by Sun and honors only 28 bits of
> VA from a given address (the "context" is global). That could explain
> the existence of a historical limit for SunOS emulated processes.

Ahh! Thanks. That's what I tried to remember.

> It doesn't mean NetBSD couldn't have different limits for processes
> under different emulations and/or different limits on different m68k
> ports.

Would be great! Maybe we could make higher limits depend on the absence of
COMPAT_SUN? This needs some investigation...

John Klos wrote:

> Considering that we have Macs with 520 megs of memory and Amigas with a
> gigabyte or more, I'd love to have the option of compiling some of the
> larger programs.

Indeed. Having more memory has become more important during the last years.
I'm not even sure if gcc can still be built on NetBSD/68k hardware.

--
Frank Wille