Re: Removing SunOS/68k compatibility before 8.0

Not sure whether it counts as important, but I had occasion recently to
run a 68K SunOS binary on NetBSD/Amiga. It was the Metacomco BCPL
compiler executable which was used to build parts of AmigaDOS.

Yes. I would think that this is an important reason. Thanks.

Not that I want to volunteer anyone for extra work (because I don't understand MMU stuff enough to help much, although I'm trying to learn), but I don't see these two things (keeping SunOS emulation as an option and expanding usable memory per process) as exclusive.

Considering that we have Macs with 520 megs of memory and Amigas with a gigabyte or more, I'd love to have the option of compiling some of the larger programs.

John