Re: dd miniroot.fs into CF card from non-amiga NetBSD box

On 2017/02/24 19:56, Michael van Elst wrote:
It is supposed to calibrate the delay loop by measuring loop speed
against the hardware clocks. I don't know why this fails for your
board.

delay(x) loops (1024 * x / delaydivisor) times.

The initial delaydivisor for 68060 is 1024 * 1 / 80 which is truncated
to 12. So you loop about 85 * x times and this needs to take more than
about 1.4us (eclock) and less than about 10ms (hz interval).

If your machine is too fast, you can make the initial divisor smaller
so that the test fits into this range.

The dmesg output shows the value of delaydivisor, a Cyberstorm Mk2
(68060 50MHz) shows a value of 21. So the calibration started with
12 and increased it to 21 which makes it unlikely that your board
is too fast for the test.

What calibration value is printed for you?

Thank you so much for kind instruction. I enabled DEBUG codes in
dev/clock.c and observed calibration values:

68060 @ 50MHz:
  Calibration delay loop...
  diff 510 us, new divisor 21/1024 us
  diff 1008 us, new divisor 21/1024 us
  diff 1008 us, new divisor 21/1024 us

68030 @ 50MHz:
  Calibration delay loop...
  diff 995 us, new divisor 167/1024 us
  diff 1017 us, new divisor 166/1024 us
  diff 1024 us, new divisor 166/1024 us

It seems that calibration can be done in accordance with your scenario.
I don't understand why it fails. In addition, when newfs was done with
68030, timeout errors sometimes happen with 68060, but they became no
longer critical; the system boots up into multi-user mode, and I can
extract xfont.tgz successfully. I'm not sure yet whether the problem
has gone or not. I will test it further...

By the way,