Re: A1200 PCMCIA problem

Frank Wille wrote:
> > If I first do a cold boot
> > with a kernel with those lines in their original place, and then boot a
> > kernel without those lines, the card is properly detected! Previously it
> > was always necessary to reconnect the card after cold boot, and
> > afterwards it would work for following warm reboots.
>
> I'm confused. That sounds to me like there is no difference.
> Previously your card worked after warm reboots and now it also works after
> warm reboot...? :)

No, not with the new kernel. :(

I was trying to say that even if the new kernel, which includes
your fix, does not detect the card at cold or warm boot, it does
something to reset it.

The evidence of this reset can be seen by rebooting with an older
kernel. At this reboot the card is detected *without the need* to
physically remove/reinsert the card.

So to get this network card working I can either reconnect it, or
boot two different kernels in sequence.

> So, overall my patch doesn't make your situation as worse as it looked
> at first sight? Maybe we can keep it in?

Sure, keep it.

--jukka