Re: A1200 PCMCIA problem

Jukka Andberg wrote:

> My A1200 does not recognize a PCMCIA ethernet card (with ne driver)
> anymore at reboot. Now there is always an error:
> pcmcia0: card appears to have bogus CIS
>
> It starts to work if the card is removed and then reinserted while the
> system is up.

That's exactly the problem which I tried to fix with my last modification -
for my own A1200...

> I tested with a few different source versions and apparently the
> problem was introduced with gayle_pcmcia.c 1.30. Reverting to previous
> version makes it work again.

Yes, that's me. :|

What kind of A1200 do you have? Mine is the latest model, from Amiga
Technologies.

I ask, because there seem to be two methods to perform a PCMCIA reset, and
the one for newer A1200s was missing before. Now I'm doing both. I just
added these lines at line 210:
                gayle_intr_ack(0xff);
                delay(500);
                gayle_intr_ack(0xfc);

Can you try to move them below the old reset method, after
gayle_pcmcia_status_write() in line 218, and test if it works better for
you?

--
Frank Wille