Re: NetBSD 7 m68060-only kernel

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 01:06:38AM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm finally getting around to testing netbsd-7 on my Amiga 1200. I
> usually remove unnecessary options from the kernel config and
> noticed this when trying to build with just options M68060 and
> M060SP:
>
> --- a2kbbc.o ---
> /var/tmp//ccpVrF1Q.s: Assembler messages:
> /var/tmp//ccpVrF1Q.s:11: Error: selected processor does not have all
> features of selected architecture
> *** [a2kbbc.o] Error code 1
>
> Adding option M68040, M68030, or M68020 fixes this. However, the
> rest of userland may benefit noticeably from -m68060. While running
> postinstall, I was seeing 60intemu counts in the 10 to 11 thousands
> per second.
>
> The OS can't be built with -m68060:

For the kernel, you need -Wa,-m68030 -Wa,-m68851
as generic kernels need code from all variants in assembler pieces of
code; we use the m68020/30 syntax and add the others as hex codes

sys/arch/amiga/conf/Makefile.amiga does all the magic, normally; check it

If this doesn't work anymore, something is broken. You might want
to run one of the partial compiles with -S and check the output.
(Especially the one from a2kbbc)

And please check your generated Makefile.