Re: unable to allocate space in parent map

Hi.

On 14 Feb, 2013, at 20:04 , Leonard Schmidt <Leonard24%gmx.net@localhost> wrote:

>>> I will do that.
>>> Currently I´m stuck in compiling the kernel (tarballs from
>> http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201302101340Z/source/sets/).I
>> used the
>> default compiler options for a test run but it stops. Any idea?
>>
>> Yes. Stuff is broken at the moment.
>> See http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/builds.cgi
>>
>> 201302040040Z looks safe.
>
> Got HEAD 201302040040Z compiled and installed. Typing "iteconfig" directly
> after the login does nothing. Typing "iteconfig -w 100 -h 75" panics with
> cannot allocate memory message. Changing console resolution to 800x600x8 with
> "grfconfig /dev/grf7 /etc/grfmodes" works, but typing "iteconfig" afterwards
> will panic with a different message. I took some photos, maybe it helps to
> identify the bug: https://plus.google.com/u/0/116765303897805064610/posts

I saw your previous mail but had no time to take to do any further analysis
yet. The problem is quite mysterious for me.

> When and how do I invoke DDB? During core dump no interaction is possible and
> directly after the dump the amiga resets?

You probably have ddb.onpanic=0 set in sysctl? Change it to 1, then it should
drop to DDB instead of dump and reboot.

Nevertheless, I think all needed information so far is contained on the photos
you've taken.

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa