Re: Keyboard lockup with NetBSD5

Am 11.11.2009 um 22:49 schrieb Frank Wille:

Alexander Coers wrote:

Okay, this one seems to work! I typed an entire screen full of
characters without problems.

Great! We got it. A 16 years old bug... :P

No, sorry.
The bug is still here.
The generic kernel fails after some chars (e.g. 5) and repeats the last char for 4 rows. The next char is repeated for 6 rows and now the keyboard is locked up.
After some time the keyboard is usable again.

The wscons kernel stops printing chars to the console and also need much longer to recover. It does not print those keyboard translation error messages to the console.

vmstat while repeating chars (using generic):

-bash-3.2$ vmstat -i
interrupt                                     total     rate
tbe/soft                                          1        0
kbd/ports                                    115257      247
vbl                                           27891       59
clock                                         46805      100
60intemu                                    1705025     3666
60fpiemu                                        146        0
Total                                       1895125     4075

The timing seems to be really messed up, because with the log output the bug disappeared.