Re: Keyboard lockup with NetBSD5

Alexander Coers wrote:

>>> Okay, this one seems to work! I typed an entire screen full of
>>> characters without problems.
>>
>> Great! We got it. A 16 years old bug... :P
>
> No, sorry.
> The bug is still here.

*Sigh*
Then I'm running out of ideas... :|

> kbd/ports                                    115257      247

Possibly the keyboard is causing the high interrupt rate, when sending lots
of buffer-overflow and out-of-sync codes.

> The timing seems to be really messed up, because with the log output
> the bug disappeared.

That's really strange. I don't see why timing should be critical at all. And
I wonder why writing a log-message shows more effect than a 2000us delay?

There is something really wrong. But not necessarily in the keyboard
interrupt handler.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/