Re: More toolchain issues

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:21:27 +0000 (UTC)
mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) wrote:

> >There seems to be a big stability problem with port-amiga since
> >switching to jemalloc. I'm not sure what to do about it.
>
> Is there a way to reproduce the problem?

I'm still gathering information to define a proven way for reproduction,
e.g. by setting up a second Amiga with NetBSD 5 (I'm currently in the
process of verifying the problem with 4.0 there).

For me, on my A3k + CSPPC/060-50/128MB + CV64, the problem is 100%
reproduceable by either:

- compiling pkgsrc/sysutils/fam
  (the freeze happens during compiling the first one or two files)

- compiling pkgsrc/net/nmap
  (Takes a bit longer, because of many dependencies. John Klos also
  reported problems with pcre during this process.)

- running "nmap -A -T4 <addr>" segfaults in a jemalloc function after
  a few seconds
  (nmap was compiled with phk-alloc here, to make it work. I have to
   check if also an nmap compiled with 4.0 or older produces the same
   effect.)

There seems to be no difference between 5.0.1 and 5.99.x (where x=1..18).

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/