Re: More toolchain issues

John Klos wrote:

> I'm compiling nmap on a 132 meg Macintosh Quadra 605, but at least one of
> the problems won't be observable - unlimited, the datasize is only 64 megs
> on mac68k.

But does the resulting binary work, when being run on your Quadra? E.g.
"nmap -A -T4 <address>" ?

>> BTW, Michael Hitch just switched port-amiga from its owm pmap.c to m68k's
>> pmap-motorola.c, 5 days ago. We could try if it changes anything.
>
> I did not know that... I didn't see anything in port-amiga about that.
> I'll have to try out a -current kernel.

Tried it yesterday. The switch to pmap-motorola.c didn't change anything.

Today I got a reproduceable total system crash again with 5.99.18, while
compiling pkgsrc/sysutils/fam. It's the same freeze as before, switching to
an empty ECS screen.

There seems to be a big stability problem with port-amiga since switching to
jemalloc. I'm not sure what to do about it.

I will run some tests on my other Amigas, then we should bring this topic
up in the port-68k mailing list to see if other m68k-platforms are affected.

--
Frank Wille