Re: More toolchain issues

Regarding nmap:

Did it finish? Usually it shouldn't take more than 7 minutes. So there is
also a problem here. Maybe the problem is not jemalloc, but it shows up more
drastically in je-malloc than in phk-malloc.

After three hours, I interrupted it.

Indeed. We should find out if such a problem can be reproduced on other 68k
architectures. Unfortunately I have only Amigas here.

I'm compiling nmap on a 132 meg Macintosh Quadra 605, but at least one of the problems won't be observable - unlimited, the datasize is only 64 megs on mac68k.

BTW, Michael Hitch just switched port-amiga from its owm pmap.c to m68k's
pmap-motorola.c, 5 days ago. We could try if it changes anything.

I did not know that... I didn't see anything in port-amiga about that. I'll have to try out a -current kernel.

Thanks,
John