Re: LoadBSD for ELF kernels

Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.de@localhost> writes:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 02:23:55PM -0400, John Klos wrote:
> > But I'm sure that there are some people out there who will want or need
> > LoadBSD.
>
> I need it because my Amiga boots AmigaOS by default and I telnet into
> it to start NetBSD. And that doesn't work with bootblock unfortunately.

  I wrote a little program to load and execute the bootblock on my Zeus
when I was working on the new two-stage boot loader.  The Zeus ROM is very
buggy and won't load using the bootblock (and even if it did, the onboard
memory would not be configured).

  I've put the program and a short documentation file on ftp.netbsd.org:
        ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/amiga/utils/runbootblock
        ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/amiga/utils/runbootblock.README

  It works quite well on my Zeus (I need to remember to try it on my CyberStorm
MK III next time I need to reboot it).  If anyone gives this a try, let me know
how it goes.

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Operations Consulting,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA