Re: Stopping the PPC

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> - determine that we have a ppc capable board in loadbsd
> - switch it off.
>
> We'd have to watch for nice fun effects. E.g., loadbsd doesn't work from
> MorphOS, obviously; thats a nuisance. Switching the PPC off on that board
> is however not only a nuisance, but much worse.

You could make it quite simple, just a check if the person is runing MorphOS or
not. If, then just give a small message that loadbsd can't be run from MorphOS.

Other option could be that loadbsd makes a small RAD unit where it stores it
self and reboots the machine (this requers that the RAD unit has a high
boot-priority). I know this would make the loadbsd alot bigger and more
complicated to code too. But thats just a silly tought.

                                                                  (. .)
  E-Mail: trizt%iname.com@localhost                     URL:
http://home.bip.net/trizt/
     IRC: irc.localhost.net:6667             Chan: #RealAmiga     Nick: Trizt
     ICQ: 13696780
  System: MorphOS/Linux System                    (PPC603e/160   AMD K7D/900)
                Find useful software, surf to www.trogsoft.org