Re: CVisionPPC driver

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 10:02:05AM +0100, Adam Ciarcinski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Finally, after couple of sleepless nights I can see the CVisionPPC
> console on my screen (NetBSD-Amiga, of course).  It lack of many
> features, but at least I don't have to switch the monitor plug! :)
>
> The following problems shows up when the driver is configured:
>
> - I have to add 8MB + 0x10000 bytes to kernel memory map
>
> - If the graphics card is configured, CyberStromPPC (MK III) SCSI is NOT,
>   that is because they share the same vendor/product ID.  I don't know
>   how to handle this. :(  .... yet!

Easy.

Make the $p5manid/100 and $p5man/110 device attach two subdevices,
one being the scsi, the other the graphics board. (I hope there's no other
device connecting to that connector?)

> - The driver configured memory to the USA ones, so it might not work with
>   Fujitsu models.  Yet, I don't know how to detect this either.

Fujitsu? USA? Please explain.

> - Finally, I don't know how to detect the graphics card itself.
>   Please use the driver once you make sure you have the CVision card
>   plugged in.

Oh. hm... I guess something like probing for the video memory might work.

> - It should work with BVisionPPC.  As fas as I know it's the same chip
>   and the same memory address space.  All you have to do is change
>   product ID (110 IIRC).

Thats the easy part. Hm, does the BlizzardPPC have a scsi option?