Re: Stopping the PPC

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 04:21:36PM +0100, Adam Ciarcinski wrote:
> > ctrl-amiga-amiga should work.
>
> I think we should put the code which stops PPC on phase5 cards.
> More head-scratching needed because I have no idea where to put it. :)
> (see device configuration on CStormPPC card regarding CVisionPPC)

Obviously this would have to be on loadbsd (and similar programs); putting
it into the amiga68k kernel is too late, and putting it into the bootblock
is superfluous.

This leaves us with two tasks:

- determine that we have a ppc capable board in loadbsd
- switch it off.

We'd have to watch for nice fun effects. E.g., loadbsd doesn't work from
MorphOS, obviously; thats a nuisance. Switching the PPC off on that board
is however not only a nuisance, but much worse.