ne0 buffer (was RE: web server problem)

Hi,

>  >  ne0 warning: receiver ring buffer overrun
>  >
>  >  What do I need to do to fix this?
>
>I guess that I will take a shot at this!
>
>>From what I have read I am not sure what the problem is. First of
>all, does the thttpd process stop?

I don't know the ps waux command does not work after it
stop serving. I would guess that thttpd is still running,
because the thttpd process never got very large only
about 1.7 megs.

>After it stops serving can you still still communicate on the >network?

No, I could not surf with links, and I could not download
anything with ftp after it stoped serving web pages.

I think that the problem is with the buffer and not with thttpd,
because this is the error message I get. Plus nothing works
that uses the ethernet card.

I guess that my question should have been how do I change the
buffer size of ne0? Is there a conf file I need to change in
etc, or do I need to make some kind of change in the kernel?

Thanks,
Jeanie

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html