Re: kernel compiled, now what?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 07:41:15AM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Also an option, but be careful: any typo will destroy one of your file
> systems!
>
> [using the swap partition for data exchange]

  I never thought about this way myself ;-) This should work quite well
  if done careful and if the swap partion is below the 4gig barrier (I
  guess dcp doesn't support accessing partitions above that barrier)

> A third option is to use GoBSD (by Michael van Elst; should be available on
> Aminet, I think). If I recall right, it can directly read NetBSD partitions.

  Its not there. Years ago I fetched a version from a ftp server of
  FH Regensburg but I don't remember its exact location.

> However, I don't remember wether the author upgraded it to the latest kernel
> calling conventions, so this might work or not.

  I use GoBSD because of the fact that it can load the kernel directly from
  the root partition. At least my version still works with kernels upto
  1.4.1 (the newest NetBSD version I tested). I guess GoBSD will stop working
  if NetBSD/amiga stops using a.out (will this happen some day?)

  Gunther

--
Linux is only free if your time has no value
 - Jamie Zawinsky