Re: X display damaged after ifconfig

Hello,

Quoting "ali (Anders Lindgren)" <dat94ali%ludat.lth.se@localhost>:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Ingolf Koch wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 08:20:36PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > > So... now, you can tell us what is reported on the console?
> >
> > It is always "le0: lost carrier" which appears for each
> > ifconfig le0 call which _sets_ an IP address (deleting
> > an address is ok). le0 is an Ariadne I with 10BaseT
> > connection to a hub which is powered on.
>
> Precisely this always happens for me (Ariadne I/10BT) too
> when it's configured on boot. Always confused me, but since
> it works fine I never cared too much. :)
>
> This is in port-amiga-1.4.1 btw..

I just want to confirm the above, it also happens on my NetBSD-1.4.1 Amiga.

This is an A4000 with CyberStorm 060/50 and an Ariadne I. I have the interface
automagically configured at boot-time, and also get the same message reported.
Things work perfectly after that.

Regards,

   Job Hanssen - hanssen%dds.nl@localhost