Re: X display damaged after ifconfig

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 11:13:55PM +0200, Ingolf Koch wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 08:20:36PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > So... now, you can tell us what is reported on the console?
>
> It is always "le0: lost carrier" which appears for each
> ifconfig le0 call which _sets_ an IP address (deleting
> an address is ok). le0 is an Ariadne I with 10BaseT
> connection to a hub which is powered on.

Set to media autodetect, maybe?

In this case, this appears to be a buglet in the Lance driver. Apparently,
when it autoconfigures, it sees no carrier for one type of media, and switches
to the other. Maybe it should not be verbose about this on the first try...

I'm copying and follow-up-ing to tech-net, as this doesn't seem to be
Amiga specific.