Re: Entropy needed...

Lars Hecking <lhecking%nmrc.ucc.ie@localhost> wrote:

>> Some AmigaOS ports of OpenSSL suffer(ed) from excessive CPU usage as
>> well and solved it by disabling DSA support. My NetBSD/m68k box is in
>> pieces right now so I can't verify whether this also goes for the NetBSD
>> port, but it's something you could check out.

After looking at the OpenSSH and OpenSSL docs I'm not quite sure if OpenSSH
uses OpenSSL's DSA support at all, so I may be barking up the wrong tree
here... I'll be leaving town Friday morning and need my precious sleep, so
I haven't got time to look at this more closely right now.

> How do I do this? Compiling openssl alone takes about 7 hours on my
> 040/25, so I'm not too keen on it ...

Add a line

CONFIGURE_ARGS+= nodsa

to pkgsrc/security/openssl/Makefile. (based on what I see in the OpenSSL
INSTALL doc, I don't have a NetBSD box to check this on) You will probably
need to rebuild security/openssh as well, but I don't think you have to do
any modifications there.