mailinglist (was: Thanks for all the replies...)

> > Is it on purpose that the mailing list address here is in the Cc: field.
> > On the usual mailing list I am on it is in the To: field of the mail.

> Yes.
> This because unlike most of the lists you are on, people on the netbsd
> and linux lists know how a mailinglist works. Note that you dont see any
> [NetBSD] in the subject either ;)

Then my email program - MicroDot-II 1.4.4 on AmigaOS - does not work how
they work, cause even reply to all is quite clumsy here, cause it also
sents a copy of the message to meself, and then I get another one from the
mailing list.

In fact, I have no big problem with mailinglists, having their email
address in the To:-field. These can also be filtered here *without* some
subject prefixes to be scanned.

But AFAIK it as always been a little bit dificult to reply to one person
on the mailinglist *privately* and with that list here its the other way
around. I always have to be careful to make sure the mail also goes to the
list.

> I just hit "reply" and the recipient is put in To: and list in Cc:

This does not happen here, unless I set my "Reply" button to Reply to all
recipients. It is not, cause then MD-II sents a copy of each mail I reply
to to me also. I guess MD-II is quite broken in that respect.

--
Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald  - http://helios.home.pages.de
PGP: http://home.pages.de/~helios/autor/wie-erreichen.html