128MB limit?

Hi!

While trying to make some programs run I wrote for my university job, I
hit the 128MB hard limit to the maximum data amount a single process is
allowed to use.  From arch/amiga/include/vmparam.h:

#ifndef MAXDSIZ
#define MAXDSIZ         (128*1024*1024)         /* max data size */
#endif

Are there grave reasons not to push up this limit to, say, 1GB?

I tried to increase the value myself and got a running kernel but ld.so
failed so I was not able to boot the system.  I hesitate to compile the
whole Userland and maybe end up with an unusable system so I first would
like to ask for some comments.

There is another thing that comes to mind regarding the mentioned
include
file:  I still (with 1.4.1) have to increase VM_KERNEL_PT_PAGES from 4
to 8
to have netbsd boot on my 168MB A4000/060 without kernel panics.   Can
we
push this up for the next release, too?

--
*** Michael Boehnisch *********************************
billy%uni-paderborn.de@localhost
begin:vcard
n:Böhnisch;Michael
tel;fax:+49 5251/60-3528
tel;work:+49 5251/60-2907
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www-psycho.upb.de/billy
org:University of Paderborn/Germany;Faculty 2 : Computer Linguistics
adr:;;Warburger Str. 100;Paderborn;;33100;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:billy%psycho.upb.de@localhost
title:FMA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-15696