Re: XDM Problem?

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:08:01 -0800 (PST),
David Brownlee <abs%anim.dreamworks.com@localhost> wrote about Re: XDM Problem?:
> I've just added an entry to the NetBSD Documentation pages which
> covers this:
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/x/index.html#bypassing_xdm
>
> It should show up within the hour, but in the meantime here is the
> text - let me know if this helps.

Thanks David. I also discovered that I can issue Ctrl-C right when the
boot screen says "starting network daemons: inetd xdm" which will
leave me with the original login prompt. I added a password for root
so the xdm login works. Now I have to reconfigure xdm to mirror the
paths, shell, and window manager I had set up with the earlier login
method. Who said this wasn't fun ;^)

Best Regards,
Ola

--