Re: XDM Problem?

        I've just added an entry to the NetBSD Documentation pages which
        covers this:
        http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/x/index.html#bypassing_xdm

        It should show up within the hour, but in the meantime here is the
        text - let me know if this helps.

If xdm is enabled but you are unable to login for some reason, possibly because
there is no root password, and you do not have virtual consoles
enabled (or they are not yet supported on your port), you will need to:

   Boot to single user mode
       Usually this is accomplished by passing '-s' at the end of the boot
       command.
   Start the shell
       Press ENTER when prompted for the shell.
   Check and mount the disks
       fsck -p ; mount -vat ffs
   Set term terminal type
       TERM=vt100 ; export TERM
       Note: you may need to use a different terminal type such as 'pc3' or
       'sun'.
   Fix problem
       Edit /etc/rc.conf to disable xdm, run 'passwd' to set root's password,
       or take whatever other corrective action is needed

                David/absolute

         -=-  "Just adding to the wrinkles on his deathly frown"  -=-