Re: 1.3.3 Setup

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:04:46 -0500,
Jeff Gill <jtgill%Mis.net@localhost> wrote about Re: 1.3.3 Setup:
> I had problems like that, both during install, and after managing to
> install, with just running, every now and then I'd get some errors.
> SO I partitioned my drive and made sure (after watching the newfs
> command talk about 16 cyl/group) that my partitions were multiples
> of 16.   I had some left over space, and just made it a small
> amigaOS partition where I keep a kernel to boot into NetBSD.  This
> may or may not help.  On another note, I use a seagate barracuda
> for my NetBSd system, and I have another seagate, a hawk, attached,
> and it's geometry really confuses bsd, so you may have a problem like
> that.

Interesting. My drive is an IBM DDRS-34560 4.3 Gig SCSI connected to a
WarpEngine. The first BSD partition starts at about 2.3 gigs. I'm
using the latest Amiga FFS and LoadV43Module to allow the use of these
large drives. My previous drives have all been 2 gigs max. Have I
reached a limit that NetBSD doesn't like?

Also, I use HDInstTools to prep my HD's these days. It seems to be
more robust than HDToolbox, plus it understands large drives. The only
problem is it doesn't allow me to enter hex numbers for the dostype.
It reports that the root partition has a dostype of "NBR\7." Has
anyone else used HDInstTools and can tell me what "NBR\7"?

Best Regards,
Ola

--
/** Ola Olsson