Re: 1.3.3 Setup

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:11:09 +0100 (CET),
Markus Illenseer <markus%core.de@localhost> wrote about Re: 1.3.3 Setup:
> > Since my root is actually the third partition I enter "sd2c."
>
>  Which is wrong.
>
>  It is your third partition in total, but your first NetBSD-partition.
>
>  NetBSD/Amiga root partition is always "sdxa". That's why we hassle around
> with HdToolBox and the DosTypes: To make it clear to NetBSD, that a specific
> partition should be the root partition, another the swap and yet another
> (and other) of usr type.
>
>  Please enter "sd2b" and as dump partition you enter "none", just as
> described in the INSTALL guide:

Actually I understand that -- I should have elaborated. I tried sd2b
first and got the error which led me to try others. I reordered the
partitions from root, usr, swap to root, swap, usr. As far as I know
this shouldn't make a difference but, when I entered sd2b this time it
progressed a little further but with a new error. Now it complains
that:

root file system type: ffs
stop: parity error

Is there something in the RDB that is preventing the custom dostype
from being recognized? I don't mean to be ignorant but this is
confusing. My other NetBSD setups were on dedicated drives. This is
the first time I've shared FFS partitions with NetBSD.

Best Regards,
Ola

--
/** Ola Olsson