Re: netbsd install

Markus Illenseer <markus%core.de@localhost> writes:
> > A bit earlier, you are prompted for device names (and mount points) to
> > enter.
> > The default is to exit the dialog and continue. A log of people have failed
> > in the past to understand this... I changed the dialog now and requested
> > pullup to the 1.3.4 release branch.
>
>  Including myself then :-) I always forget to add "/usr", even though I
> installed NetBSD/Amiga quite a lot of times. Thanks for correcting it.
> (Whomever it may concern: The NetBSD/Amiga installation tool is better
> and more intuitive than NetBSD/i386' sysinst).

  I don't think I've ever forgotten to add /usr when I've been testing
the install process.  [That's the hardest part I have with testing the
procedures - I usually know what needs to be done and do it automatically
without noticing little things like this.]

  I was working on sysinst back when 1.3 [or was it 1.3.1?] was getting
wrapped up, and I felt that the miniroot install/upgrade scripts worked
better than sysinst.  Sysinst was (and I think still is) missing several
things that the miniroot scripts currently do.  This is undoubtably
colored by my personal preference of the current install scripts over
a menu-driven system.

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA