Re: binary-patch X11?

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Ruben van Staveren wrote:

> the X server makes up a sort of best mode id, try 640x400 to fall into
> multiscan. 704x480 drops in DBLPal, and higher does a Super72 mode.

Cheers, it worked :):)
(at least the 640x400 part, now for DblPal...)

Are the exact limits/algorithm available somewhere (apart from in the
corresponding source-file I mean..) -- a README.amiga file somewhere
would seem like an appropriate place to chuck it in if not. I'm still
experimenting to see what gives a display and what does not (a "normal"
640x480 VGA multiscan resolution drops into something PALish
(undisplayable) f.ex.) but if it's written somewhere I could just start
reading instead.

--
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali%ludat.lth.se@localhost - http:// www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali